RN Coordinator - Employee Health, Wellness & Worker's Comp. New
Catholic Health Initiatives St. Vincent Website
No recruiters please
The Employee Health, Wellness and Worker’s Compensation Coordinator must demonstrate integrity and insure confidentiality in all job related tasks. In accordance with our mission and core values, the Employee Health, Wellness and Worker’s Compensation Coordinator will perform care requiring specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills based on the application of the nursing process. The Employee Health, Wellness and Worker’s Compensation Coordinator uses assessment skills to ensure multi disciplinary employee care and teamwork to meet established practice guidelines, unit specific policies, and regulatory standards and is responsible for the management and monitoring of employee injuries, with a focus on claim reporting and investigation, managing the transitional duty policy, and serving as a liaison for injured employees and the third party claims.
1. WORKERS’ COMPENSATION Develop, implement and monitor the claim reporting policy and procedure. This includes educating staff as necessary. Report workers’ compensation claims to the third party administrator. Trend all claims and incidents for loss prevention opportunities and initiatives. Assure injured employees are referred to appropriate medical care. This includes selection of a designated provider and establishing a relationship with the provider. Responsible for managing the return to work program for injured employees. This includes obtaining physical restrictions from the treating physician, coordinating job tasks and work hours with the injured employee and supervisors; providing the return to policy to injured employees; and educating supervisors, managers and leadership on return to work policies. Serve as first line of contact for the third party administrator regarding workers’ compensation claims. Provide information to third party administrator (ex. – payroll records, time sheets, witness statements, etc.) as necessary for the management of claims. Maintain the OSHA 300 and 300 A Logs Prepare and present workers’ compensation statistics to Senior Leadership. Serve as active participant and/or leader of Employee Safety Initiatives. Active participant of the Safety Committee and the Environment of Care Committee. Demonstrates the core values throughout claims process.
2. REGULATORY KNOWLEDGE Demonstrates knowledge of Workers Compensation Laws. Identifies potential risk factors and initiates corrective action. Reviews and recommends policies and procedures updates. Practices hospital policies. Demonstrates knowledge of OSHA reporting regulations. Seeks various forms of education for increasing knowledge and skills.
3. Employee Health Coordination and Assessment Coordination of the Employee Health function. Demonstrates integrity and insures confidentiality in all job related tasks. Processes pre-hire applicants using questionnaire, color blind chart, latex screening, back injury assessment, blood pressure check and urine screens. Follow protocol of OSHA needle sticks. In the case of injury, determines whether an employee needs to go to ER or Drs. Office Performs ongoing assessment according to Employee Health policy. Follows protocol for surveillance after OSHA exposure to known Hep B, Hep C, HIV or unknown sources. Notifies employees with results. Ascertains whether PPD positives require TB 109 and CXR referral to ADH and follows until process is completed. Participates on hospital committees affecting Employee Health and interacts with Directors/Managers, etc. concerning Employee Health matters.
4. Maintaining Care Directs & coordinates all activities associated with Employee Health Allocates time and help for employees selected for cause, theft, or random urine screens. Administers required vaccinations including ppd, Tetanus, MMR, and Hep B to employees and volunteers deficient in these areas. Acts as liaison between Employee Health and outside facilities or clinics and provides sources of information or help with Employee Health concerns. Coordinates and directs various projects throughout the year: for flu vaccines, maintenance physicals and hearing screens for affected employees. Provides blood pressure checks and obtains signature on selected charts for eligibility, ineligibility, OSHA reports, medical concerns or matters regarding Employee Health. Assists Dr. Hopkins with duties and obtains signature on selected charts for eligibility, ineligibility, OSHA reports, medical concerns or matters regarding Employee Health.
5. Maintaining Treatments Obtains and/or verifies all physician orders and insures they are done and reported. Assures the presence of consent and permit documentation for procedures. Assures the presence of appropriate requests to perform the ordered lab. Performs or assigns ordered lab work or CXR. Assesses the employees needs for medications PRN.
Education: Current Arkansas RN Licensure. Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Three or more years experience is required in employee health, wellness, and/or worker’s compensation.
Physical Requirements: Performs tasks that require hand/eye coordination. Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background noises. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. Must have ability to lift up to twenty-five pounds. Answer telephone.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, sound judgment
- Ability to balance numerous diverse assignments simultaneously
- Ability to develop ideas and implement same
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to prepare and present reports to senior leadership
- Ability to follow through on an assignment with little supervision
- General office skills, computer experience including Word, Power Point, Microsoft web-based applications, e-mail, Internet, fax machine and copy machine and various audio visual equipment
- Exhibit judgment necessary to know when to respond to inquiries or refer questions to others and to plan and organize daily work activities and adapt to unexpected changes in priorities
- Exceptional communication skills, exhibiting pleasant demeanor and clear speaking voice and ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations