Nurse - Support youth in crisis in Ventura County! New
Seneca Family of Agencies Website
No recruiters please
Seneca’s Ventura County Crisis Program provides crisis stabilization and short-term residential treatment for youth in serious distress. This groundbreaking program provides a “no eject, no reject” policy to meet the needs of the youth in our care. Our collaborative decision-making process enables each individual youth and family to safely communicate their needs, in order to leverage their strengths, talents, and cultural and ecological resources. Services include linkage to long-term, sustainable supports based on each client’s unique strengths and needs.
The Nurse is responsible for implementing and evaluating the nursing care delivered within their shift, and for utilizing the nursing process to provide assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of client care within designated clinical areas. The Nurse is responsible for meeting all regulatory documentation standards, participates in the multidisciplinary team, as well as QA and UR activities.
- Oxnard, CA
- Provide quality clinical care, including physical assessments and medical triage examinations
- Collect and analyze assessment data to formulate client care issues, individualized outcomes, plans, implements and evaluates nursing interventions.
- Collaborate with Psychiatrist to ensure quality of medication administration, adequate consents, medical treatment and follow-up.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to ensure health and safety, infection control, resource utilization, and clinical and rehabilitative standards of care.
- Participate in nursing department, staff meetings and other facility activities.
- Associates in Nursing
- CPR – BLS
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Good communication, organization and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
- Psychiatric nursing experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities a plus!
- Full time, with an on-call rotation
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, partially paid premiums for dependents, 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off, a 403(b) retirement plan, and an employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Excellent training, scholarship opportunities, and ongoing professional development
- Collaborative team environment!
Employment opportunities are, and shall be open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their experience, aptitudes and abilities. It is the policy of Seneca Family of Agencies to grant equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, disability, Vietnam Era Veteran status, age, religion, political affiliation, gender or sexual orientation. Seneca is committed to providing a fair, equitable, and inclusive work environment. We welcome candidates that will promote and value diversity and exercise teamwork and collaboration.