Nurse Practitioner, Health Center Supervisor New
Premise Health Website
No recruiters please
We have an opening for a Full-time Health Center Supervisor Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work at our employer health center located in Plainfield, CT!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This opportunity is Monday 9:30a-5:30p and Tuesday through Friday 7:30a-3:30p. No nights, no weekends, and no call! Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
- Typically oversees the management of a single, small site (<10 headcount)
- Dual role combines clinical, professional expertise (i.e., NP/PA) and supervisory responsibilities
- Fulfills the job expectations of a Clinician (Medical/Technical resource) dedicating an agreed upon percentage of time to clinical duties
- Manages a limited number of employees – responsible for following appropriate processes for talent acquisition, staff development and performance management and provides input to the Director of Site Operations for the final staffing decisions Responsible for interviewing, training and onboarding new colleagues
- Manages daily operations, workflow, work schedules, timecard monitoring etc. to ensure efficient and effective health center performance
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and presents resolutions and recommendations to the Director of Site Operations
- Makes recommendations regarding staffing model based on objective scheduling & volume analysis – presents to Director of Site Operations for approval
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, policy and licensing requirements
- Completes incident reports as needed and provides assistance to Medical Care and outcomes dept regarding investigations and the resolution of complaints
- Communicates and coordinates corporate messages and ensures implementation of policies or procedures is followed
- Coaches and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis
- Manages internal budget, reviews expenses, purchases supplies, inventories equipment, medication etc.
- Assists in the identification and use of local per diems to ensure appropriate staffing levels are met
- Communicates regularly with staff, conducts meetings and shares information regularly
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Leader at the site to manage internal site issues
- Other duties as assigned
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Master's degree (MSN) required
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Certification in Occupational Health (COHN/COHN-S) may be required for some sites
- Training skills a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records