Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) New
Creekview Health Center Website
No recruiters please
CreekView Health Center is located in Pleasanton, adjacent to the campus of Stoneridge Creek Pleasanton, a large resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community. Our Skilled Nursing community provides outstanding nursing services and rehabilitation for those needing higher levels of nursing care and those wishing to return home and live the most active and healthy lifestyle possible. Licensed by Department of Social Services, our Assisted Living community offers personalized care and energetic accommodations to those that call CreekView home.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Nursing.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
The ADON assists the Director of Nursing with overseeing and directing the nursing personnel to ensure that quality care is being provided consistently to all residents and that their individual needs are being met. Exhibits leadership skills, advises, guides and inspires the nursing staff to contribute their best to continually improve communication and job performance for the health and well being of the residents. The ADON will also assist the RN supervisors with new admission, discharges, carrying out new physician orders and development of comprehensive resident care plans.
- Assists the Director of Nursing with the development of policies and procedures to improve resident care and maintain State and Federal regulations.
- Assists the DON daily to ensure that the facility is consistently survey compliant.
- Assists the DON with hiring, disciplinary action and scheduling of nursing staff.
- Assists the DON with the development and implementation of the ongoing Quality Assurance Program.
- Assists the DON and Director of Staff Development with education and training of both the licensed nurses and CNA’s and RNA’s.
- Serves as relief and support to the MDS Coordinator
- Strong ability to oversee and direct the nursing personnel to ensure quality of care is being performed consistently.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills in order to advise, guide and inspire the nursing staff to contribute their best to improving communication and job performance for the health and wellbeing of the residents.
- Fully knowledgeable of all Federal OBRA Regulations.
- Must have excellent IV skills and ability to start peripheral IV’s, handle all types of central lines and administer both hydration and antibiotic IV orders.
- Strong ability to problem solve with resident/family concerns, staffing issues and staff conflicts in the absence of the DON.
- Ability to fully understand the current 3.0 MDS process and ability to complete the MDS 3.0 timely and accurately if needed in the absence of the MDS RN Coordinator or be willing to learn the MDS process in order to assist the MDS RN Coordinator in his /her absence. Experience performing MDS assessments is preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Minimum of 3 years as RN charge nurse.
- Minimum of 3 years management/supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a continuing care retirement community is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience to complete MDS 3.0 with accuracy.
Applicants for the ADON position are required to complete two computer based tests. One is Customer Service Aptitude test and the second is Workplace Productivity Profile. After you complete the application and apply for the position, an e mail confirmation will be sent to you. On the e mail is a link to the Criteria Test Center. Please complete the tests at a time that is convenient for you. Be aware, once you begin the tests, you will not be able to "come and go" on the testing site. You must complete the tests in one sitting. The tests are multiple choice, and will take about 30 minutes. You will not be considered for this position until the tests have been completed.
Apply online at www.creekview.hrmdirect.com