RN Clinician 2 - Emergency Department, Full Time, (ED, ER) New
University of Virginia Medical Center Website
No recruiters please
Nurse, RN - Emergency Department, Full Time, Evening and Night Shifts (ED, ER)
We are seeking a capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills who will:
- Consistently provides effective direct care, as part of the interdisciplinary team, to a variety of complex patients.
- Manage care and implement treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Seek as well as provide feedback for improved clinical practice.
- Assume a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
The Emergency Department at UVA is a Level 1 Trauma Center with four adult trauma bays and two pediatric trauma bays. With specialties such as, Neurosciences, Specialized Heart and Vascular Center, and Transplant offered twenty-four hours a day, we are able to provide care to patients from all over the state and adjoining states. Our ED also houses a Chest Pain Center, Express Care, and Women's Center for Emergency Care.
While you improve the lives of patients at UVA Health System, you’ll also be improving your own life in one of the most beautiful and welcoming places in America—Charlottesville, Virginia. Nestled among the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, it’s called “The Best Town for Food Lovers” by Wine Magazine, “Best College Town” by Traveler’s Today and, yes, “America’s Happiest City” by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Research. Built on the foundation of American history and overlaid with the vibrant energy of a modern culture, there’s no place in the world quite like it.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the physical, psychological, social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedures.
- Organize, coordinate and prioritize nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient.
- Implement patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of care and coordinate care so patients make progress toward desired outcomes.
- Develop and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Assume responsibility for the professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Demonstrate leadership in the delivery of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Relevant experience required.
- Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Here's what some of our nurses have to say about working at UVA -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdbgGGjKO00
Pay Range: 25.00 - 41.38
Primary Location: Charlottesville
1215 Lee St.
Job: Registered Nurse
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.