IV Staff Nurse in Lab Services (40 hrs/week) New
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The staff nurse's responsibilities include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for a complex patient population. The infusion nurse provides patient and family education and psychosocial and emotional support. He/she is a member of a multidisciplinary care team that requires effective communication and collaboration with co-workers and staff at the Institute, BWH, and other collaborating institutions and agencies. The infusion nurse identifies his/her own professional goals and learning needs. The role requires clinical expertise, critical thinking, collaborative practice, excellent communication skills and an understanding of the principles and practices of clinical research. The Mission, Vision and Core values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
- Delivers expert, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families.
- Implements nursing process:
- Assesses patient and family needs.
- Analyzes assessment data to develop and support clinically accurate diagnoses.
- Plans care by establishing goals with measurable outcomes.
- Implements the plan of care.
- Evaluates the patient's response to interventions.
- Interacts with patients and families in a caring and compassionate manner respecting the need for privacy and confidentiality.
- Develops approaches to problem solving which meet the individual needs of the patients and families.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care and support to the populations served.
- Fosters an environment that is sensitive to the needs of diverse populations, including but not limited to culture, ethnicity, gender, and age.
- Monitors the environment of care with attention to patient safety, and assures compliance with regulatory agency standards
- Complies with Institute, Nursing and Patient Care Services, and unit policies, procedures, work rules and standards of conduct.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2001) in all aspects of professional practice.
- Assists in defining goals and developing systems and work processes for the unit, the Division of Nursing and the Institute.
- Participates in unit, program-based, and divisional committees, councils, and initiatives.
- Demonstrates flexibility in setting and changing priorities. Accepts additional responsibilities as needed.
- Participates in QA/QI projects for the unit and the Division of Nursing and Patient Care Services.
- Supports research activities within the unit, Division of Nursing and Patient Care Services, and the Institute.
- Licensed as a registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Baccalaureate degree required; baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred
- Minimum of 1 year (or equivalent) of nursing experience
- Certification in Oncology Nursing preferred - OCN, AOCN, CPON
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to function in a busy work setting with patients with complex needs.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/fn45xvtzvf