Registered Nurse - Residential Homes New
The Help Group Website
No recruiters please
REGISTERED NURSE – RESIDENTIAL FACILITIES – NORTH HILLS
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional problems.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Residential Group Home Program for Adults 18+ with developmental disabilities. We are seeking someone with a sincere desire to work with and assist a fun and very special population of adults with intellectual challenges. The RN will work a 30 hour week, typically Monday through Friday, noon until 6:30 PM.
- Active California RN license
- At least two years of direct work experience
- Experience with developmentally disabled preferred
- Valid California driver’s license; good driving record
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise all aspects of health and medical services as appropriate.
- Participate in pre-admission assessment, evaluation study, program design, client admission, periodic evaluation of program and health services provided, development of each client's Individual Service Plan (ISP) and referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Assist in supervising the training plans of residents in personal hygiene, family life, and sex education.
- Supervise the control of communicable diseases and conduct infection control meetings.
- Supervise the dispensing of medications.
- Train staff in emergency situations and care procedures.
- Develop a nursing plan for inclusion with each ISP and update.
- Consult with physicians and pharmacists.
- Coordinate residents' medical, dental care and utilization of health services.
- In service new staff on Medication Dispensing (4 hours.)
- Travel between 4 residential facilities located within a 1 mile radius.
- On-call for all health related issues.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
Very Competitive Salary and Excellent Full-time benefits: medical 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation and Sick Leave