Ohio Valley Hospital Website
Full Time, Part Time
Based on Experience
No recruiters please
Proudly serving the residents of Pittsburgh’s western suburbs for more than 100 years.
Today, it is Ohio Valley Hospital’s mission to provide programs and services that improve the quality of life of community members across our service area. Our staff and administration strive to provide caring, cost-effective, and friendly health care. We view safety and quality as top priorities — while also encouraging innovative and creative approaches to improving patient outcomes.
Great career opportunities are waiting for you at Ohio Valley Hospital.
Our mission of quality, personalized health care for every patient is not the only outstanding benefit we bring to our community. There are lots of great jobs here too. Challenging, important work. Rewarding careers for those willing to dedicate themselves to providing health care and other crucial assistance to our patients.
Currently Ohio Valley Hospital is recruiting Nurses for the following departments:
· Med Surg
· Acute Rehabilitation
· Out Patient Surgery
· Emergency Department.
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care for individuals or families for whom the nurse is responsible. The essential job functions include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Reviews, collects and evaluates clinical data regarding current signs, symptoms, diagnoses and past medical history of assigned patients.
- Analyzes data from the assessment to formulate and prioritize the plan of care.
- Delegates or provides patient care according to the plan of care and/or department protocol and procedures.
- Prepares, administers, and monitors medication administration. Administers and records medications accurately.
- Administers blood and blood products according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Communicates pertinent information to other medical professionals on the interdisciplinary team including but not limited to physicians, therapists, nutritional services, pharmacists, case managers, and social service staff.
- Reassesses and evaluates outcome of care provided and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Uses critical thinking skills when making care judgment, dialoging with patient/families and/or prioritizing patient care.
- Provides education to patients and significant others during promotion, restoration and maintenance of health.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Current Pennsylvania RN license required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Two (2) years clinical experience preferred
Benefits offered for full time and part time employees at Ohio Valley Hospital. Benefits include:
• Health insurance
• Free parking
• Retirement plan
• Disability insurance
• Generous paid time off