Occupational Health Nurse/RN New
Business Health Solutions, PC Website
Leader in Occupational Health and Environmental Nursing has an exciting role available for a full-time Occupational Health RN to become part of our team to serve our valued customer, Dow AgroSciences at their Indianapolis, IN site.
Under the general direction of the Regional Health Director and within the general framework of the Health Services Operating Discipline and Clinical Guidelines, provide clinical care services, health assessment program management and services and general preventive health services for Dow employees and specified contractor employees and visitors of Dow's Indianapolis, IN site. Contribute to the expertise of Health Services through focal point roles, team or project roles as assigned.
Occupational Health Nurse/RN Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing assessment and interventions during clinic visits/appointments including first aid treatment and as part of emergency response on site.
- Provide travel health counseling and services for Dow business travelers. This includes counseling on specific health concerns based on the traveler’s itinerary and providing or arranging the recommended immunizations, medications or other interventions needed.
- Provide Health Assessment services. This includes completing required physical assessments of employees noting deviations from the norm and performing other selected tests as needed at the site.
- Provide Health Assessment employee review. This includes reviewing the results of the history, physical examination, functional and laboratory testing and determining the need for follow-up or work place restrictions, utilizing Dow Clinical Guidelines approved by the Dow Medical Director. These determinations are communicated to the employee in person or in writing. Determinations of the employee’s fitness for work are communicated to management as appropriate.
- Provide Medical Surveillance testing and assessment for employees assigned to a variety of OSHA/DOT/Dow medical surveillance protocols.
- Provide Preventive Health Services. The Occupational Health Nurse provides health promotion and disease prevention strategies using primary, secondary and tertiary prevention principles. This role is met through individual employee counseling, participation in health education and training programs offered to employees using adult learning approaches.
- Primary Clinic Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
Education and Experience Needed:
- Five years nursing experience required
- Three to five years experience in Occupational Health Nursing desirable
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Indiana
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR/AED Certification required
- Bachelor degree in nursing or equivalent desirable
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing is desirable
Detailed knowledge of anatomy, physiology, toxicology, health promotion, lifestyle risk factors and ergonomics, especially as related to the occupational environments is essential. Specific training in physical skills assessment and in the theory and implementation of specific medical testing is expected. Proficiency in phlebotomy and EKG testing is required. Certification in Hearing Conservation, Spirometry and DOT Urine Drug Screen collection is desirable. Experience in respirator fit testing is desirable. In addition, knowledge of the laws, regulations and standards governing health and safety for employees is preferred.
Requires strong interpersonal skills, persuasiveness, diplomacy and tact to provide coordination of health care for Dow employees. Must interact with site supervision, business leaders, non-exempt, and personnel in all functions. Must interact with peers and functional leaders at other Dow sites to exchange technical information and encourage sharing of ideas.
Why work for Business Health Solutions?
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Vacation and Personal Time off
- Education Assistance
- 401(k) Plan Participation
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance and
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Assistance with Obtaining Professional Certifications