Nurse Practitioner ICU New
Advocate Sherman Hospital Website
No recruiters please
Nurse Practitioner in Intensive Care Unit
Advocate Sherman Hospital, Elgin, IL
- Shift: Day Shift working Monday through Friday (No weekends)
- JOB # 72931
What You Will Do:
The ICU NP will assist physicians in the facilitation of care of assigned Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgery patients.
- The Goal: Achieve quality outcomes in a cost efficient manner.
- How: Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary staff, both internal and external to the organization and to participate in quality practice improvement processes related to the management of care.
- Patient care focus: From post-surgery to point of discharge.
Sherman Hospital Highlights:
- Nursing Excellence: Magnet Recognition from the ANCC since 2012
- Safety: "A" grade for excellence in patient safety for the third consecutive year from the Leapfrog Group's biannual Hospital Safety Scores
- Engagement: Top decile Nurse engagement multiple years in a row
- Growth: Ongoing education fostering advanced clinical and critical thinking skills
- Education: Tuition assistance starting day 30 of employment
What You Need: (Education/Experience/Certifications)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from accredited nurse practitioner program
- Advance Practice Nurse license with nurse practitioner certification
- Current Illinois RN license
- 5 years recent experience in ICU
- Previous experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner, 1 year desired
- Specialty certification preferred
- CPR and ACLS certifications
Recruitment Contact: D. Cherie Romano at email@example.com