Registered Nurse New
Southeastern Virginia Training Center Website
No recruiters please
REGISTERED NURSE II 3:00pm 11:30pm shift AND 11:00pm7:30am shift
Southeastern Virginia Training Center is seeking a Registered Nurse to work with a small team of exceptional nurses. This team member will provide quality nursing care to individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities that live in new 5-bed homes on our campus.
*NOTE: As a condition of employment, all nursing positions are required to be able to work any shift assigned.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to persons with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Assist physicians with routine medical treatments.
- Provide routine assessment and care in homes during the week/weekends as assigned.
- Participate with the interdisciplinary team in planning and service provision.
- Coordinate services with family members.
- Perform nursing assessments and emergency care as needed.
- Must be a registered nurse in Virginia or in a participating state in the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to perform nursing services for individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities.
- Demonstrated comprehensive nursing skills.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of standard medical equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills for documentation and communication with families, community providers, and team members.
- Ability to work independently to complete reports, document pertinent information in medical records, legibly and accurately. – Ability to perform the essential physical requirements of the position which may include standing for long periods of time, walking, running, and lifting non-ambulatory residents.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
- Ability to work various shifts if needed.
- Experience with persons with developmental disabilities preferred.
- AN FBI background check will be required prior to employment. Only completed applications accepted. Resumes’ may be submitted but do not substitute for a completed state application.