Home Visiting Nurse New
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey Website
$65,000 - $68,000
No recruiters please
The Partnership's Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) is an evidence-based program that partners first-time moms with nurse home visitors. Women enrolled in the program are visited by a specially trained, registered nurse throughout the pregnancy and until the baby turns two years old. During these visits, a nurse will offer knowledge and support women need to confidently create a better life for themselves and their baby.
Provides comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and of the lead agency.
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
- Actively engages in skill building to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Attends and participates in bi-weekly case conferences and staff meetings.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Assists in creating a positive work environment that promotes productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Maintains clear, effective, open, honest communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Accurately assesses own learning needs and develops strategies to meet them.
- Stays informed of current health care developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services.
- Handles other assignments as requested by supervisor.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Current RN license (in good standing) required.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Current CPR required.
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy required.
- Health Insurance Plan with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Nelly Quinones MSN RN CNM
NFP of Passaic/Bergen Counties
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey
176 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Paterson, NJ 07505
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.