Registered Nurse New
Seneca Family of Agencies Website
No recruiters please
Seneca’s Ventura County Crisis Program provides crisis stabilization and short-term residential treatment for youth in serious distress. Services also include linkage to long-term, sustainable supports based on each client’s unique strengths and needs.This groundbreaking program provides a “no eject, no reject” policy to meet the needs of the youth in our care.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for implementing and evaluating the nursing care delivered within their shift, and for utilizing the nursing process to provide assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of client care within designated clinical areas.
“I am intrigued by the Crisis Mental Health Nursing work that I do at Seneca and I enjoy working with all the Seneca Staff. It takes a very special person to work for Seneca! I also like that I get direct supervision on a weekly basis and our Seneca Management team is very supportive.” - Seneca Nurse
- Provide quality clinical care, including physical assessments and medical triage examinations
- Collect and analyze assessment data to formulate client care issues, individualized outcomes, plans, implements and evaluates nursing interventions.
- Collaborate with Psychiatrist to ensure quality of medication administration, adequate consents, medical treatment and follow-up.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to ensure health and safety, infection control, resource utilization, and clinical and rehabilitative standards of care.
- Participate in nursing department, staff meetings and other facility activities.
- Associates in Nursing or Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required
- CPR – BLS
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Good communication, organization and leadership skills
- Psychiatric nursing experience a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities a plus
- Thursday - Saturday, 7:00pm - 7:30am, plus one 24-hour on-call shift
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, partially paid premiums for dependents, 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off, a 403(b) retirement plan, and an employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Excellent training, scholarship opportunities, and ongoing professional development
- Collaborative team environment!