Advanced Nurse Practitioner New
Colorado Department of Corrections Website
$7,031.00 - $9,207.00 monthly
No recruiters please
Correctional Medicine “The best kept secret in Health Care!” CDOC Nurse Supervisor
OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Are you interested in expanding your knowledge base, feeling challenged, helping those that truly appreciate your care? Correctional medicine offers an opportunity to see more than your standard cold and flu seen in most private GP practices. As an out patient type setting all offender patients go through the clinic, where we will provide care within our scope of practice, before the patient is recommended to be seen by any outside agency or specialist. This gives you as a nurse, the opportunity to provide medical care that you would typically not experience without being in a hospital setting. There are also positions open in an in-resident infirmary setting that also provides hospice care and post op care.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights:
- Applicant must possess a valid Colorado Advanced Practice registration as either a Clinical Nurse Specialist or Nurse Practitioner from the State of Colorado;
- Applicant must possess a valid Registered Nurse License from the State of Colorado or any state participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact;
- Applicant must have two years of professional experience as a registered nurse.
- Nurse Practitioner – Clinical Nurse Specialist with prescriptive authority.
- There is no substitution for the two years of professional experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Prescriptive authority issued by the Drug Enforcement Administration.