Clinical Instructor - Nurse Practitioner New
Stony Brook University
Commensurate with experience
Stony Brook University School of Medicine of the State University of New York invites applications for the position of Nurse Practitioner in the division of Cardiology.
- Current NYS RN license. Master's degree in Nursing.
- NYS license as an adult or family nurse practitioner.
- Three years of experience to include cardiology.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Additional years of experience on an inpatient cardiology service.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
The Nurse Practitioner will treat patients to Stony Brook University Hospital in the Cardiology Service and be responsible for the following:
- Provides direct care to selected patients under the supervision of attending Cardiologist.
- Performs approved diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients on the Cardiology Service.
- Provides patient care services to cardiology patients in the inpatient under the direction of the responsible cardiologist.
- In collaboration with other cardiology Nurse Practitioners, coordinates all aspects of in-hospital care and discharge planning with the nursing, medial and hospital staff.
- Makes referrals to other health care providers and/or consults for the physician for further definitive therapy.
- Maintains ongoing communication with physician collaborator and Chief Medical Officer relative to select aspects of patient care or administrative issues.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application, cover letter and resume/CV to:
Ernest J. Conforti, MS, MBA, CPC
Associate Director of Operations, Heart Institute
Clinical Assistant Professor, SHTM Graduate Program
Stony Brook Medicine
Health Science Center, Level 5, Room 088
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8503
Fax: (631) 444-6134
For a full position description, or application procedures, visit: www.stonybrook.edu/jobs
(Ref. # F-9784-17-06)
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/tmcmwnz929fpqdqh