Clinical Instructor - Nurse Practitioner New
Stony Brook University Website
No recruiters please
Stony Brook University School of Medicine of the State University of New York invites applications for the position of Nurse Practitioner in the division of Cardiology.
Required Qualifications: Current NYS RN license. Master's degree in Nursing. NYS license as an adult and/or family nurse practitioner. Three years of experience in cardiology. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Preferred Qualifications: Additional years of related experience in outpatient stress testing and clinic environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements: The Nurse Practitioner will report to Dr. Katz in the Division of Cardiology and be responsible for the following:
- Independently assess and evaluate new and follow up patients
- Perform physical exams and procedures
- Perform stress tests
- Review, evaluate, and make recommendations regarding laboratory findings for patients
- Manage outpatient phone calls
- Follow-up with patients regarding laboratory and radiology tests by telephone or in person
- Provide coverage for stress testing and the inpatient service
- Rotate through established "call" schedule for Physician extenders as needed
- Assist in transition of care planning
- Demonstrate skills in collaboration, teamwork and problem solving to achieve goals
- Knowledge of basic software packages and hospital information systems (EMR)
- Additional responsibilities may also be required as the position evolves over time including clinical oversight of infusion area
Applications should be sent to: Javed Butler, MD
Professor of Medicine
Stony Brook University Medical Center
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology
Health Science Center, Level 16, Room 080
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8167
Fax: (631) 444-3144
For a full position description, or application procedures, visits: www.stonybrook.edu/jobs (Ref. # F-9785-17-06)
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/qd48xg3mq6x54rvy