Assistant Nurse Manager - ED New
Penn Medicine Website
Assistant Nurse Manager - ED
Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
We are in need of a nurse leader to cover off shift hours; ensuring that patients in the ED receive excellent emergency care for all medical and surgical problems. We’ll look to the Assistant Nurse Manager to lead the nursing team and be responsible for the continuity of all nurse management principles, policies and procedures.
As a member of our Emergency Department, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of healthcare professionals in the local community and from around the world in providing the most advanced treatment options that meet the needs of patients.
Our ED has been renovated to better serve the community and now features:
- Enlarged patient waiting and registration areas
- All private single-patient exam rooms
- Two new resuscitation rooms, a state-of-the-art patient care room dedicated to eye emergencies and a medical imaging suite
- Expanded, fully computerized nursing station
- New computerized charting system and wireless bedside registration capability
- Addition of the trauma service line
- Redesigned front end to expedite patient flow
- At least 3 yrs of progressive nursing experience
- Current RN license in the Commonwealth of PA
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Graduate of a NLN approved school of professional nursing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to act under stressful situations
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work