Registered Nurse - Be the support for youth in crisis! New
Seneca Family of Agencies Website
No recruiters please
Seneca is seeking an overnight nurse. The Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of care within designated clinical areas. This position acts as a clinical role model and provides nursing consultation to staff within the assigned areas of responsibility. This position will be supporting two of Seneca's crisis programs: Willow Rock Center, and STEP.
Willow Rock Center is an adolescent Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) that provides mental health interventions to divert from hospitalization adolescents who may be safely discharged to the community. The Crisis Stabilization Unit staff provide a safe and nurturing environment as they assist youth in regaining the stability necessary to safely return home or to a community-based placement.
- Evaluate illness or injuries - charting.
- Monitor physician orders for medication or treatment, as well as prescriptions filled at outside pharmacies.
- Maintain working relationships with pediatricians, specialists, psychiatrists, therapists and hospitals who provide care to the children.
- Provide ongoing training for staff on medications, and other health-related education.
- Maintain medication assistance records and documents all nursing interventions.
- Review all medical incident reports for shift.
- Meet regularly with the Program Director and Psychiatrists as requested.
- Attend appropriate treatment reviews related to health care for children.
- Wear on-call pager for nursing questions.
- Intervene with the clients’ behavior management programs as needed. This includes physical management of the clients (implementation of Seneca Center’s Ahimsa Model Training) as necessary.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing required
- CPR – BLS
- Public Health Certificate and/or School Nurse Certification
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- TB test clearance, fingerprinting clearance, and any other State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Psychiatric Nursing experience a plus
- Sunday - Tuesday, 7:00pm to 7:30am
- 24 on call shift on Thursday
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, partially paid premiums for dependents, 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off, a 403(b) retirement plan, and an employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Excellent training, scholarship opportunities, and ongoing professional development
- Collaborative team environment!