Registered Nurse (RN) Surgical Intensive Care Unit (ICU) New
HCA (Hostpital Corporation of America) Healthcare Website
No recruiters please
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
Our 12 Bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) provides a high-acuity level of care to a wide variety of surgical, kidney transplant, and medical patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio. The patient population includes critical care-related surgical patients, trauma, neurological patients. In our SICU, patients are often connected to a host of equipment, and receive constant, personal attention. Some of the equipment involved in ICU patient care includes advanced heart and Intracranial monitors, ventilators for breathing assistance, Rapid Infusers, Non-invasive and Invasive monitoring.
We are hosting an online virtual event on Tuesday, October 17, 2017. Please click here for further details
The SICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Monitoring the needs of 1-2 critically ill patients.
- Participate in interdisciplinary rounds daily and individually with Trauma patients.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- ICU RN strongly preferred (telemetry and acute care will be considered).
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.