- 49 years of experience as a Registered Nurse and 30+ years’ experience as a correctional nurse, starting as a staff nurse in a state prison reception center setting, continuing as a nurse administrator and then as a nurse educator in the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.
- Diploma in nursing from Holzer Medical Center School of Nursing (1971); BSN from Ohio University (1999); MSN from Capital University, specializing in legal studies (2005).
- Membership in professional organizations including the Academy of Correctional Health Care Professionals the American Correctional Health Services Association and the Ohio Nurses Association. Founding member of the American Correctional Nurses Association (2020).
- I have twice served a member of the work group assembled to revise the Scope and Standards of Correctional Nursing, published by the American Nurses Association (2011 & 2019).
- I have developed educational presentations and written short articles addressing Nurse Sick Call guidelines, nursing interventions, patient safety in correctional settings and malingering. I have published three scholarly articles related to correctional nursing: “Concept Analysis of professional autonomy: A correctional nursing perspective” Journal of Correctional Health Care; Stepping through the looking glass: Professional Autonomy in Correctional Nursing Corrections Today.