This event offers 5.25 contact hours to attendees.
We are pleased to announce that KSNA will be hosting a live, virtual pharmacology conference through ZOOM on July 31st. We hope you will choose to participate!
This virtual conference, presented in real time, will assist the advanced practice registered nurse in determining the most appropriate agent based on the individual assessment and underlying health problem. All sessions are pharmacotherapeutic sessions that will focus on reviewing the general principles of pharmacology, including indications for use, drug interactions and common side effects of various drug and non-drug therapies. Proper monitoring of the therapeutic and adverse effects of drug therapy will also be discussed as well as appropriate treatment of these reactions. Please see the details below for information on the specific topics that will be covered.
The live, virtual event will begin at 9am and will adjourn at 3:30 pm. Within the schedule for the day, we have incorporated 2 fifteen minute breaks for those watching to stretch, grab a drink, etc., as well as a 45 minute lunch break. During the time set aside for breaks and lunch, Wendy will be monitoring the Zoom Q&A feature to address your questions. It will be a fun, full day of learning for everyone participating and we hope you will join us in July!
8:45 am Registrants begin logging into the virtual platform to participate in the event – individualized login details provided after registering for the event
9:00 am Topic 1
10:30 am Topic 2
11:45 am Lunch Break
12:30 pm Topic 3
2:00 pm Topic 4
3:15 pm Complete Evaluation & Verification Form
3:30 pm Event Adjourns
- Topic 1: New Drug Update 2020: What’s Hot and What’s Not?
- Topic 2: Functional Bowel Disorders: A Discussion of Heartburn, GERD and IBS/Chronic Constipation
- Topic 3: Pediatric Pharmacology: Children Are Not Little Adults
- Topic 4: Emerging Infectious Diseases 2020: A Discussion of New and Upcoming Infections
Wendy L. Wright, DNP, ANP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP, FAAN, FNAP
$89.00 KSNA Member
$129.00 Non Member
$69.00 Student – APRN or DNP (verification of full time enrollment in masters level or higher program is required)
Registration Deadline – July 27, 2020
- Successful Completion – Attendees must participate in all of the educational sessions and complete the online evaluation to receive a certificate of attendance. The link to the evaluation will be emailed to participants (to the email address provided at registration) upon conclusion of the activity.
- Conflict of Interest – The presenter identified the following relationships with commercial entities – Speakers Bureau: Amgen, Merck, Pfizer & Sanofi; Consultant: Gilead, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Pfizer & Sanofi. All planners reported no conflicts of interest.
5.25 contact hours are available to those who meet the successful completion requirements, all in the area of pharmacology.
The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What is the Midwest Multistate Division? The Arkansas Nurses Association, Kansas State Nurses Association, Missouri Nurses Association and Nebraska Nurses Association formed a collaborative, namely the Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD), with the goal of promoting efficiencies and growth. As part of this collaborative, the Midwest MSD Continuing Nursing Education Unit (CNE Unit) was formed, which is accredited as an ANCC approver and provider of CNE, to address the educational needs of nurses in the Midwest region.
Those certified through AANP – Contact hours received through participation in this event are acceptable toward certification/recertification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). Per the AANP guidelines, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is an acceptable, accredited and independent organization that provides advanced nursing CE content for NPs seeking renewal using continuing education credit. (https://www.aanpcert.org/recert/ce_opps; Recertification Handbook)